Friday, October 22, 2010

Roddick Watch on Indefinite Hiatus

The time has come to state what now has become obvious: this blog will be on indefinite hiatus. Which basically means I will update it whenever I'm inspired enough to do so but it will be intermittent and most likely dependent on how well Andy plays next year. Should Andy realize his dream of winning Wimbledon (or any other slam for that matter) I can assure you I will be back to spam this place like nobody's business, but the combination of a new demanding job that has me working 10-hour days, personal issues that suck the emotional and mental energy out of me, and general tennis burn-out, has contributed to my dwindling interest in updating this blog on a regular schedule that fans can depend on. You guys deserve better.

Don't think that I've given up on tennis, I certainly have not, but real life has finally infringed upon my virtual tennis fandom world. I find that I simply don't have the time or energy to watch as many tennis matches as I used to. Just now I am getting around to watching some of the US Open matches, that's how far behind I've gotten. I don't mind the tennis backlog, it gives me something to look forward to during the fall and winter when tennis is in hibernation. But to do a blog properly you need to be up-to-date and on the ball, and I have been neither in the past year.

I have not given up on the Roddick either, nosiree. I have, in fact, moved updates from this blog to Twitter, which is much easier for me to handle at this time. You can follow at http://twitter.com/roddickwatch I will follow you back. This twitter feed will be nothing but Roddick-related news, videos, and photos. You can still follow me at http://twitter.com/tangerine_dream for general tennis comments and updates, which includes my fangirling over "Rafole" (Nadal and Djokovic) and "Mad Men"; the occasional political comment; a few grumpy observations about life in general; and other random everyday things, if you're interested.

I've enjoyed writing this blog for Roddick fans, and hope to do so again soon, and I look forward to connecting with other Roddick/tennis fans and continuing the fanfare on Twitter.

"Anyone can give up. It's the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold on when everyone else would've understood why you fell apart - that's true strength." —Andy Roddick

I still believe.

No comments:

© Copyright 2005-2009 Roddick Watch. All rights reserved.